Wednesday, April 14, 2010

4.14.10

Wednesday. Not traditionally a favourite day of the week for me, but this one was alright. Went out to the shops for some new workout pants- didn't find any, but got new flipflops (kelly green) and pajama shorts (green and pink plaid with a bit of white). Also more fancy socks. And one of those nifty exercise bungee cords with stirrups for feet and handles for hands. Lest you think I am Becky Bloomwood, let me assure you I am not. (Unfortunately.)

Food:
1 whole wheat wrap with cole slaw mix, shredded white meat chicken, a few crumbles of feta, and 1 tbs ranch dressing
1 banana
1 slice sourdough bread (it's almost gone, I swear)
1 fullbar (those things you eat 30 minutes before a meal and it fills up your tummy and makes you eat less... it tastes like packing peanuts held together with generic peanut butter. But it works.)
1 pork tenderloin slice
1 spoon pork bbq (we never have pork in the house so I take it where I can get it)
1 spoon green bean casserole
2 spoons corn
1 spoon corn pudding
1 spoon mac & cheese (being one of my favourite things ever, this was huge to only have 1 bite)
small salad with leafy greens, cucumber, and balsamic vinaigrette
1 single-serve tub of Skinny Cow ice cream (dulce de leche flavour and can I tell you... is not bad at all)

Exercise:
1.08.07
3.70 miles
444 calories burned

Today's happy moments (brought to you by the letter R and the number 8):
While shopping for workout pants, was overjoyed to discover that can fit arse into Old Navy XL pajama shorts. (Mum said one didn't look bad in shorts and wondered anew why one never wears them.) Also, in T.J. Maxx was looking for workout pants and found none but in search discovered that Calvin Klein makes dresses for fat girls too. Had no idea. For curiosity's sake, I took two that I liked (emerald green with cap sleeves, princess waistline, cheerfully full skirt and black and white with 60s-inspired collar, sleeveless, body-hugging) to try on. The green was a bit roomy in the middle, and the black and white one fit perfectly. Not that I needed a CK dress, but the point was, I could fit into an 18 CK dress. (But feel that CK clothes shouldn't go that big because frankly you look big as a house in a designer dress no matter what, and CK should stick to what he does best- dressing the stick insects of the world.) So I put the dresses away, as I should (having no money with which to purchase either, also nowhere to wear posh frocks at present). And then I thought, I'd much rather be able to buy it in a size 12, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment